Using Dynamic Data, ASP.NET developers can create powerful, datadriven sites with amazing speed and efficiency, eliminating massive amounts of manual coding. ASP.NET Dynamic Data Unleashed is the first complete, practical guide to Dynamic Data for every experienced ASP.NET developer.
The author thoroughly demystifies Dynamic Data, helping developers understand exactly what they can do with the framework and make it more accessible than ever before. He provides tested code to solve a wide variety of problems, explains how and why that code works, and identifies key tradeoffs and alternatives.
Packed with breakthrough techniques for improving developer productivity, this book combines a hands-on tutorial, “drill-down” explanations of advanced techniques, and real-world development scenarios.
Detailed information on how to…
- Use Dynamic Data components to overcome common real-world user interface development challenges
- Understand how ASP.NET Dynamic Data builds on strengths of WebForms, Entity Framework, and LINQ
- Develop simple custom templates to dramatically reduce code duplication
- Generalize templates to leverage metadata and generate user interfaces dynamically
- Create web pages for data entry, data filtering, and diverse views of data
- Use Data Annotations to implement powerful validation logic
- Write simple, yet effective automated tests to systematically verify the business logic
- Create complex interaction rules that aren’t limited by single entity objects or types
- Optimize I/O-bound business logic by implementing it with T-SQL constraints, stored procedures, and triggers
- Implement role-based security with dynamic UI trimming
- Generate entire data-driven web applications, complete with CRUD pages, complex business rules, integrated navigation, and security
- Extend Dynamic Data to support advanced scenarios
- Decide when Dynamic Data should be used instead of or together with ASP.NET MVC
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||48 MB|
|Note:||This product may take a few minutes to download.|
About the Author
Oleg Sych, Senior Consultant at AgileThought in Tampa, FL, has been a professional software engineer since 1993. He has built web applications since 2000 and has worked with .NET technologies since 2002. Sych holds MCPD, PSD, and PSM certifications. He received three MVP awards from Microsoft in Visual C# and Visual Studio ALM categories. His interests include software architecture and development process.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Really detailed explanation of the inner workings of dynamic data. Wouldn't want to delve into DD without this book. Chapter 14 on Security was very helpful and recommend reading that early on. Would love to see an update by this author for Visual Studio 2013.