Assessment of Gifted and High-Ability Learners equips readers with the knowledge and skills to evaluate and document student progress using a cyclical systematic process. This book:
- Highlights and explains the importance of curriculum-based assessments.
- Connects classroom content with the assessment process.
- Includes sample assessments for use with gifted and high-ability students.
- Illustrates the best methods for evaluating gifted students based on standards in each content area.
- Describes how students' progress can be improved through formative and pre- and postassessments.
Learning how to effectively assess students will assist teachers in appropriately differentiating instruction based on student performance and allow each student to progress through content at his or her own pace.
|Product dimensions:||8.30(w) x 10.80(h) x 0.50(d)|
About the Author
Yara N. Farah, Ph.D., has worked as a special education teacher in International Baccalaureate schools and in fully inclusive classrooms. She has more than 12 publications in peer-reviewed journals and has conducted numerous professional presentations, trainings, and workshops. Lindsay M. Nixon is an elementary gifted education specialist at Midway Independent School District. She has also worked as a second-grade teacher.