This comprehensive guide to the examination and assessment of the foot and lower limb will appeal to any practitioner with an interest in this part of the body. It thoroughly reviews the stages essential to accurate diagnosis, including descriptions of differential diagnosis and common pathologies. Highly illustrated with consistently presented information throughout, Assessment of the Lower Limb also examines the unique aspects of specific populations such as children, the elderly, and athletes.
• Features a wealth of illustrations, including line diagrams, photographs, and color plates.
• Presents information in a logical manner imitating the clinical reasoning process.
• Each chapter can stand on its own for independent reading of the topic covered.
• Case studies are included to illustrate theories, and the text is fully referenced to encourage further research.
• Features a thorough re-write of previous edition by new contributors to the chapters on Methods of Analyzing Gait, Assessment of the Skin and Its Appendages, The Sports Patient, and Assessment of the At-Risk Foot.
• Includes entirely new chapters on Assessment of the Elderly and Pre- and Post-Operative Assessment.
• Offers new information on epidemiology, assessment technology, new techniques in neurological assessment, assessment of wear patterns on footwear, as well as new imaging techniques.
• A new co-author and a new team of contributors combine their expertise to present the very latest clinical information.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Product dimensions:||7.70(w) x 9.80(h) x 1.20(d)|