Atlas of Head and Neck Surgery, by Drs. James I. Cohen and Gary L. Clayman, delivers unparalleled visual guidance and insight to help you master the most important and cutting-edge head and neck procedures. Clear, consistent black-and-white drawings and detailed text lead you through each step of all standard operations, while commentary from leading experts presents alternative techniques – complete with explanations about the differences, nuances, pearls, and pitfalls of each approach. Concise yet complete, this easily accessible text captures groundbreaking techniques such as video-assisted thyroid and parathyroid surgeries; transoral laser surgeries; and robotic surgeries. This surgical technique reference is an ideal resource for planning and performing successful head and neck surgery or preparing for the head and neck portion of the Otolaryngology boards.
- Understand how to proceed thanks to an abundance of explicit illustrations and detailed text that take you from one step to the next.
- Quickly find the information you need to make confident decisions. Relevant indications/contraindications, pre-operative considerations, and post operative management are presented in an easily accessible format.
- Discern the nuances and understand the differences between standard operations and alternate techniques. Experts debate each procedure offering insightful explanations, rationale, and tips for avoiding complications.
- Master new procedures such as video-assisted thyroid and parathyroid surgeries; transoral laser surgeries; and robotic surgeries. Section editor F. Christopher Holsinger, MD, FACS, is at the forefront of many of these techniques, some of which are being illustrated for the first time here.
- Learn from some of the very best - Experts from the MD Anderson Cancer Center and the Oregon Health&Science University (OHSU) share their innovative approaches to the surgical techniques and complications management most frequently seen in practice.
- Understand specific variations in anatomy as they apply to each procedure.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||29 MB|
|Note:||This product may take a few minutes to download.|