Atlas of Nuclear Cardiology, an Imaging Companion to Braunwald’s Heart Disease, offers the practical, case-based guidance both cardiologists and radiologists need to make optimal use of nuclear imaging techniques in the evaluation of cardiovascular function. Drs. Ami E. Iskandrian and Ernest V. Garcia discuss hot topics including PET and PET-CT, SPECT and gated SPECT, myocardial perfusion imaging, equilibrium radionuclide angiocardiography, and equilibrium radionuclide angiography in a consistent, clearly illustrated format. The fully searchable text is also online at www.expertconsult.com - supplemented with an image and video library - making this an ideal resource for mastering nuclear cardiology.
- Access the fully searchable contents online at www.expertconsult.com, along with a moving image library that demonstrates myocardial perfusion imaging, myocardial tracers, PET, PET-CT, and gated SPECT.
- Stay current on recent developments in nuclear cardiac imaging such as equilibrium radionuclide angiocardiography (ERNA) and first-pass radionuclide angiography (FPRNA).
- Master the application of techniques to specific clinical situations with detailed case studies and discussions of challenging issues.
- Gain a clear visual understanding from numerous, high-quality images in full color.
- Find information quickly and easily thanks to a practical, consistent format throughout the text.
Table of Contents
Braunwald Companion: Atlas of Nuclear Cardiology
- Evaluating Myocardial Perfusion SPECT: the Normal Study
- Interpretation, Reporting and Guidelines
- Image Artifacts
- Radionuclide angiography
- Choice of stress test
- Use in stable patients with known or suspected CAD
- Serial testing
- Patients with PCI and CABG
- Patients with Acute Coronary Syndrome
- Risk-Stratification prior to Non-Cardiac Surgery
- MPI of Special Patient Groups
- Applications in patients with heart failure and cardiomyopathy
- Other Forms of Heart Disease
- Patients with Chest Pain in the Emergency Department
- Viability assessment
- Extra cardiac incidental findings
- Newer Tools for Assessment of Heart Failure
- Improving SPECT MPI efficiency and reducing radiation
- Myocardial Perfusion SPECT/CT: The Added Value of CT Imaging
- Cardiac PET and PET/CT: Artifacts and Tracers