How do people survive in Australia's outback? Australia the People takes children on a journey through the country's Aboriginal heritage, European colonization and modern life. Spectacular color photographs introduce children to the lifestyles of Australia's multicultural society.
• the history, lifestyles, and celebrations of Australia's Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islanders
• the arrival of European convicts and free settlers
• the growth of Australia, including the role of ANZAC troops in world wars
• Aussie Rules football, rugby, cricket, and other land sports
• travel in the outback
• water sports such as surfing, snorkeling and surf lifesaving carnivals
• schools of the air and the flying doctor