This is our seventh set of Happy, Healthy Pet titles. These latest additions will bring our series up to fifty-five titles, and like the others, they are books pet owners can turn to for the essential information they need to raise a healthy pet. All books contain information on c feeding c housing c grooming c health care c what to expect from the pet c basic training As our series expands and focuses on different kinds of pets, the emphasis remains on making the pet a companion. In addition, owners of more unusual pets will particularly appreciate the expert advice in these books because professional care for their animals may be difficult to come by. As always, the instruction is from experts people who know their pet intimately, but also remember what it was like to have one for the first time. Happy, Healthy Pet guides are rich with professional quality color photos and are designed to be enjoyable and easy to learn from. Australian Cattle Dogs are hard working, bright and exceptionally loyal pets. Katherine Buetow, an active participant in the Australian Cattle Dog Club of America and columnist for the AKC Gazette, turns her passion and academic knowledge of dogs to the care of this hardy breed.
About the Author
Table of ContentsPART ONE: Welcome to the World of the Australian Cattle Dog.
1. What Is an Australian Cattle Dog?
2. The Australian Cattle Dog's Ancestry.
3. The World According to the Australian Cattle Dog.
PART TWO: Living with an Australian Cattle Dog.
4. Bringing Your Australian Cattle Dog Home.
5. Feeding Your Australian Cattle Dog.
6. Grooming Your Australian Cattle Dog.
7. Keeping Your Australian Cattle Dog Healthy.
PART THREE: Enjoying Your Dog.
8. Basic Training (Ian Dunbar, Ph.D., MRCVS).
9. Getting Active with Your Dog (Bardi McLennan).
10. Your Dog and Your Family (Bardi McLennan).
11. Your Dog and Your Community (Bardi McLennan).
PART FOUR: Beyond the Basics.
12. Recommended Reading.