- The handbook and accompanying PDA software is the only one of its kind offered to Australian JMOs.
- Content development is based around the authors' research through ongoing focus groups into the most commonly asked questions by the end user, that is, JMOs in the hospital training environment.
- Law updates and other relevant materials (including guidelines and links to relevant Health Department documents) will be provided on the accompanying Evolve site.
- Written by a proven author team, each an expert in the medico-legal and/or ethical fields.
- Clinical problems will be outlined with cross-referencing to the appropriate sections of the handbook. These questions will be posed in the style and format used by clinicians, for example: ‘What if I get sued?' ‘What do I do if someone refuses treatment?' ‘What deaths do I refer to the Coroner?' ‘What if I make a mistake?' ‘Who makes decisions about a child's treatment?'
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||2 MB|
About the Author
Cameron Stewart is the illustrator of BATMAN AND ROBIN, SEAGUY, SEVEN SOLDIERS: THE MANHATTAN GUARDIAN, THE OTHER SIDE, CATWOMAN and many more. He has been nominated for Shuster, Eagle, Harvey and Eisner Awards, and his original webseries Sin Titulo won the 2010 Eisner and Shuster Awards for Best Digital Comic. He is currently writing BATGIRL for DC Comics.
Table of Contents1. How to Use this Handbook
2. Clinical Questions
3. The Legal System, Courts and Procedure
4. Standards of Care
5. Professional Conduct
7. Confidentiality and Privacy
8. Incompetent Patients
10. Death and Dying
11. Human Tissue and Organ Donation
12. Mental Health
13. Drugs and Prescribing
14. The Police
15. Medical Records
17. Employment and other Arrangements for Services
Most Helpful Customer Reviews