Automotive Brake Systems / Edition 6by James D. Halderman
Pub. Date: 02/05/2013
This revised text focuses on diagnostic procedures for and skill development within the area of automotive brake systems. Use of photo sequences and an accompanying multimedia CD-ROM assist in covering the material necessary for the Brake System (A5) area of certification as specified by ASE and NATEF The CD includes sound, animation, color photo sequences with narration, a waveform library, a glossary of automotive terms, sample ASE questions, sample worksheets, and the ASE (NATEF) task list for Automotive Brake Systems.
The accompanying worktext helps students to apply the material to everyday activities and typical service and testing procedures. Also included with the text is a coupon entitling the owner to free access to an ASE test preparation site for an extended time period, enabling students to study at their own pace.
Table of Contents
2. Braking System Principles, Components, and Operation.
3. Master Cylinders and Hydraulic System Diagnosis and Service.
4. Wheel Bearings and Service.
5. Drum Brake Operation, Diagnosis, and Service.
6. Disc Brake Operation, Diagnosis, and Service.
7. Parking Brake Operation, Diagnosis, and Service.
8. Machining Brake Drums and Rotors.
9. Power Brake Unit Operation, Diagnosis, and Service.
10. ABS Components and Operation.
11. ABS Diagnosis and Service.
Appendix 1: ASE-Style Sample Test.
Appendix 2: Lug Nut Tightening Torque Chart.
Appendix 3: English-Metric (SI) Conversion Chart.
Appendix 4: Decimal Equivalents.
Appendix 5: Shoe, Drum Diameter Chart.
Appendix 6: Automotive Names and Addresses.
Appendix 7: "Machine to" Dimension for Drums and Rotors.
Answers to Even-Numbered ASE Certification-Type Questions.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews