Understand, train, and be ready to develop 3D Web applications/video games using the Babylon.js framework, even for beginnersAbout This Book
- Understand the basics of 3D (along with the theory) before practicing
- Each mini-project provides previous features, alongside the new feature you are learning, to supply the examples
- Learn from the best of the best, a developer at Microsoft, France
Babylon.JS Essentials is intended for developers who want to enter the world of 3D development for the Web, or developers who want to add the Babylon.js framework to their skill set. The notion of Oriented Object Programming would be helpful to understand the architecture of the Babylon.js framework. Also, a familiarity with Web development would be useful, to understand the principles used.What You Will Learn
- Learn the basics of 3D using Babylon.js without too much theory but with an emphasis on practice, for a better understanding of the architecture
- Know the usage of Materiala fundamental principle of 3D engines in Babylon.jsand then customize the appearance of 3D objects
- Integrate collisions and physics in gameplay. Understand the notion of impostor for physics simulation
- Manage, create, and spatialize audio tracks in 3D scenes
- Go further with the Babylon.js framework to create actions on events
- Create rendering effects provided by the Babylon.js framework, such as post-processes
Are you familiar with HTML5? Do you want to build exciting games and Web applications? Then explore the exciting world of game and Web development with one of the best frameworks out there: Babylon.JS.
Starting from the beginning, the book introduces the required basics for 3D development and the knowledge you need to use the Babylon.js framework. It focuses on the simplicity provided by Babylon.js and uses a combination of theory and practice. All the chapters are provided with example files ready to run; each example file provides the previously learned features of the framework. Finally, developers will be ready to easily understand new features added to the framework in the future.Style and approach
The book is a comprehensive guide packed with ready-to-run examples with a mix of theory and practice.
|Publisher:||Packt Publishing, Limited|
|Product dimensions:||7.50(w) x 9.25(h) x 0.42(d)|
About the Author
Julien Moreau-Mathis is a fan of 3D development. He started working with 3D development at the age of 17 and created a C++ framework named Community Play 3D. Now, he is a developer at Microsoft and he takes immense pleasure in being a part of the Babylon.js team.