- Cantata No. 54, "Widerstehe doch der Sünde," BWV 54 (BC A51): Aria: Widerstehe doch der Sünde
- Cantata No. 197, "Gott ist unsre Zuversicht," BWV 197 (BC B16): Aria: Schläfert allen Sorgenkummer
- Cantata No. 99, "Was Gott tut, das ist wohlgetan," BWV 99 (BC A133): Aria (Duetto): Wenn des Kreuzes Bitterkeiten
- St. Matthew Passion (Matthäuspassion), for soloists, double chorus, & double orchestra, BWV 244 (BC D3b): Aria: Erbarme dich, mein Gott
- Cantata No. 30, "Freue dich, erlöste Schar," BWV 30 (BC A178): Aria: Kommt, ihr angefocht'nen Sünder
- Cantata No. 35, "Geist und Seele wird verwirret," BWV 35 (BC A125): Sinfonia
- Cantata No. 74, "Wer mich liebet, der wird mein Wort halten," BWV 74 (BC A83): Aria: Nichts kann mich erretten
- Cantata No. 12 "Weinen, Klagen, Sorgen, Zagen", BWV 12 (BC A68): Sinfonia
- Mass in B minor, for soloists, chorus, & orchestra, BWV 232 (BC E1): Agnus Dei
- Magnificat, for 5 voices, 5-part chorus, orchestra & continuo in D major, BWV 243 (BC E14): Duetto et misericordia
- Cantata No. 60, "O Ewigkeit, du Donnerwort," BWV 60 (BC A161): Duetto: O Ewigkeit, du Donnerwort
- Cantata No. 117, "Sei Lob und Ehr dem höchsten Gut," BWV 117 (BC A187): Coro: Sei Lob und Ehr dem höchsten Gut
- Want it by Tuesday, September 25 Order now and choose Expedited Shipping during checkout.
It was with Bach that Anne Sofie von Otter made her very first solo appearances, singing the alto solos in the St. John Passion in Stockholm. From the very beginning Bach formed a substantial part of her repertoire and was also how most of the world first heard her. Through famous recordings with John Eliot Gardiner of major choral works Anne Sofie’s Bach performances reached the world.
Now, 20 years later, the mezzo comes back full circle. In 2007 Anne Sofie listened extensively to Bach’s vocal works and made notes. The resulting program reflects her great care and research along this journey back into Bach.
The recital includes the moving "Erbame dich" from the St. Matthew Passion, the "Agnus Dei" from the Mass in B Minor, as well as duets and sinfonias -- giving a complete picture of Bach the composer and the range of his compositional art. From the Label