- Rondo for 2 pianos (or solo piano) in C major, Op. 73, CT. 196
- Petite suite (4), for piano, 4 hands (or orchestra), L. 65
- Dolly, suite for piano, 4 hands or orchestra, Op. 56
- Suite bergamasque, for piano, L. 75
- Brandenburg Concerto No. 2 in F major, BWV 1047
- Brandenburg Concerto No. 5 in D major, BWV 1050
- Brandenburg Concerto No. 3 in G major, BWV 1048
- Brandenburg Concerto No. 6 in B flat major, BWV 1051
- Want it by Friday, September 28 Order now and choose Expedited Shipping during checkout.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Bach: Brandenburg Concertos Nos. 2, 3, 5 & 6; Debussy: Suite Bergamasque based on 0 ratings. 1 reviews.
J.S. Bach-Chopin-Debussy-Faure - AMSTERDAM GUITAR TRIO - Newt On Classics This is a very welcome re-issue of two great recordings by the sorely missed Amsterdam Guitar Trio that were initially put out in the mid-80’s. The first disc is an all Bach program. Bach’s works have been arranged for the solo guitar since at least the 19th century; in this case, the Trio’s performances of the Brandenburg Concertos Nos. 2,3,5, and 6 are given a unique flavor by their consort-like arrangements, especially when the modern concert guitar is juxtaposed with the older sound of the harpsichord. The second disc is more adventurous musically; even with lovely arrangements of Faure and early Debussy to set the tone, it is the astonishing virtuosity of their take on Chopin’s Rondo in C op. 73 (thought by many to be the Trio’s masterpiece) that, 25 years later, continues to surprise and leave the listener wishing for more. The people at Newt On Classics are to be thanked for rescuing the Amsterdam Guitar Trio’s recorded works from the corporate ‘back catalog limbo’ in which they were languishing. An absolute must-have for serious guitar students, this 2 disc set gets the highest possible recommendation to the general listener and fan of classical and Baroque music. 10 out of 10 Oscar O. Veterano