- Sonata for violin & keyboard No. 1 in B minor, BWV 1014
- Sonata for violin & keyboard No. 2 in A major, BWV 1015
- Sonata for violin & keyboard No. 3 in E major, BWV 1016
- Sonata for violin & keyboard No. 4 in C minor, BWV 1017
- Get it by Thursday, May 24 , Order by 12:00 PM Eastern and choose Expedited Delivery during checkout.
Sweet and sprightly, this first volume of Bach's sonatas for violin and keyboard by James Ehnes and Luc Beaus�jour is, all by itself, sufficient reason to convince even the most despairing nihilist of the undeniable beauty of life. The lightness and clarity of Ehnes' tone, coupled with the brilliance and lucidity of Beaus�jour's touch, creates an aural world of grace and elegance, a world of singing lines and ringing harmonies, of infectious rhythms and soaring counterpoint. Ehnes and Beaus�jour play like old friends who know each other's ways of making a point or turning a phrase, and their performances are both intense and relaxed, concentrated and comfortable. While there are certainly other performances of these works one should also hear, from the venerable Sigiswald Kuijken with Gustav Leonhardt to the recent Fabio Biondi with Rinaldo Alessandrini, these performances are still completely successful and thoroughly enjoyable. Analekta's sound is bright, crisp, and clear.