Contracts are built on relationships-not documents and not handshakes.
If you start with a form document, the form will shape your relationships before you define your priorities and goals. You must take the time now-at the beginning-to figure out, as a team, where you stand and to clarify in writing the expectations and roles of each player. That means making sure you understand the core contracts that shape and protect your rights.
Alicia Goodrow, a trusted lawyer, explores how to save money in legal fees, headaches, and conflicts as you move from idea to enterprise in this business guide. Learn how to:
• begin with the end in mind;
• surround yourself with the right team members to accomplish your goals;
• determine who you want to join you at the "founders table;"
• identify your leadership paradigm; and
• know the legal basics for handling IP, leases, customers, suppliers, and employees.
The author also highlights various organizational models, tackling complex decisions, ways to court angel investors, and how to begin with the end in mind.
Packed with tips for individuals building companies, this startup guide will help you achieve entrepreneurial success.
|Product dimensions:||8.25(w) x 11.00(h) x 0.33(d)|
About the Author