Compiled and edited by native bilingual speakers, Barron's Italian-English Pocket Dictionary contains approximately 70,000 words. Abridged from Barron’s comprehensive, full-size bilingual dictionary, this lightweight, easy-to-use pocket guide is ideal for students and travelers.
This revised edition features:
- Entries organized in two sections: American-style English to Italian, and translations from Italian to American-style English
- Each headword is listed with its translation, part of speech, and pronunciation
- Phrases follow each definition using headwords in standard contexts
- Separate bilingual lists present numerals, abbreviations, and more
- Entries for computers, the Internet, and information technology
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
The editors of this second edition ruined this edition by switching from the pronunciation scheme of the better first edition to a complex, inaccurate pronunciation scheme for this edition in a failed effort to appear street-cool. It manages to be both needlessly complex and very inaccurate, to boot. If it isn't broke, don't fix it. I'd recommend either the Bantam New College dictionary, or the LaRousse Pocket dictionary, which is carried by all of the B&Ns which I have checked.