THE HALLOWED HALL OF HITLESS WONDERS! THE IMMORTAL SHRINE OF SORE-LOSERS,CHEAP-SKATE OWNERS, AND ROWDY FANS!
Everyone knows about baseball's greatest hitters and fielders, about the iron men of the game. But, for the first time, here are baseball's loveable losers, the immortal boneheads of the game. Thousands of fans, players, broadcasters and sportswriters have contributed anecdotes about the flakes, the buffoons and all-around crummy guys who make baseball America's national sport. Here are:
- The St. Louis Browns and the Chicago White Stockings committing 102 errors in a World Series
- Norm Cash swinging his way to a batting title with an illegal bat
- Ross "Skuz" Grimsley, who went weeks without changing his sweatshirt
- N.Y. Giant owner Andrew Freedman, beating up other owners, umpires, fans even his own players!
- And many more, including Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, Whitey Ford, Joe Medwick, and of course, the famous traitor Walter O'Malley!
The worst plays! The dumbest trades! The most outrageous defeats! They're all enshrined in...The Baseball Hall Of Shame!