Need help with Basic Math and Pre-Algebra? Want a quick review or refresher for class? This is the book for you!
REA’s Basic Math and Pre-Algebra Super Review gives you everything you need to know!
This Super Review can be used as a supplement to your high school or college textbook, or as a handy guide for anyone who needs a fast review of the subject.
• Comprehensive, yet concise coverage – review covers the material that is typically taught in a beginning-level math and pre-algebra course. Each topic is presented in a clear and easy-to-understand format that makes learning easier.
• Packed with practice – each review lesson is packed with practice questions and answers for each topic. Practice what you’ve learned and build your basic math and pre-algebra skills, so you’ll be ready for any problem you encounter on your next quiz or test.
• Detailed answers – our practice problems come with step-by-step detailed solutions to help you understand the material and sharpen your skills.
Whether you need a quick refresher on the subject, or are prepping for your next exam, we think you’ll agree that REA’s Super Review provides all you need to know!
Read an Excerpt
What This Book Will Do For You...
REA's SUPER REVIEWS provides all you need to know to excel in class and succeed on midterms, finals, and even pop quizzes.
Think of this book as giving you access to your own private tutor. Here, right at your fingertips, is a brisk review to help you not only understand your textbook but also pick up where even some of the best lectures leave off.
Outstanding features include...
- Comprehensive yet concise coverage
- Targeted preparation for subject tests
- Easy-to-follow & format that helps you master the subject matter
- End-of-chapter quizzes that provide pretest tune-up
We think you'll agree that, whether you're prepping for your next test or want to be a stronger contributor in class, REA's truly provides all you need to know!
Larry B. Kling
Super Review Program Director
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Integers and Real Numbers
1.1 Real Numbers and the Number Line
Chapter 2 Fractions
2.1 Simplifying Fractions
2.2 Equivalent Fractions
2.3 Adding and Subtracting Fractions
2.4 Multiplying and Dividing Fractions
2.5 Mixed Numbers
Chapter 3 Decimals
3.1 Changing Fractions to Decimals
3.2 Changing Decimals to Fractions
3.3 Rounding Decimals
3.4 Adding and Subtracting Decimals
3.5 Multiplying and Dividing Decimals
3.6 Mixed Problems
Chapter 4 Ratio and Proportions
4.2 Ratios and Fractions
4.4 Problem Solving with Proportions
Chapter 5 Percents
5.1 Percents and Fractions
5.2 Percents and Decimals
5.3 Problem Solving with Percents
Chapter 6 Exponents and Roots
6.3 Powers and Roots
6.4 Irrational Numbers
Chapter 7 Introduction to Algebra
7.1 True Equations and Inequalities
7.2 Commutative Property
7.3 Associative and Distributive Properties
7.4 Simplifying Algebraic Expressions
7.5 Simplifying with Variables and Exponents
Chapter 8 Solving Algebraic Equations
8.1 Problem Solving with Addition Equations
8.2 Problem Solving with Subtraction Equations
8.3 Problem Solving with Multiplication Equations
8.4 Problem Solving with Division Equations
8.5 Problem Solving with Mixed Equations
Chapter 9 Inequalities
9.1 Properties of Inequalities
9.2 Inequalities with Addition and Subtraction
9.3 Inequalities with Multiplication and Division
Chapter 10 Word Problems
10.2 Writing Algebraic Equations
10.3 Problem Solving with Algebraic Equations
10.4 Word Problems with Inequalities
Chapter 11 Graphing and Coordinate Geometry
11.1 Plotting Points
11.3 Graphing Linear Equations
11.4 Graphing Inequalities
Chapter 12 Geometry
12.1 Points, Lines, and Angles
12.2 Intersection Lines and Angles
12.3 Types of Angles
12.4 Measuring Angles
12.8 Coordinate Geometry
12.9 Perimeters, Areas, and Volumes
12.10 Problem Solving with Triangles