Practice Makes Perfect: Basic Spanish / Edition 1 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing
Learn the Spanish you need. Gain the language skills you want.
Practice Makes Perfect: Basic Spanish is a trusted companion to your Spanish-learning experience. In each bite-sized lesson, author Dorothy Richmond explains oneand only onegrammar concept and illustrates it with many clear examples. The accompanying fun and interesting exercises let you practice, practice, practice what you have learned. Although these lessons are purposely short so you can complete them in twenty minutes or less, you can go at a pace that works for you.
This guide/workbook will help you master
present tense verb conjugation • the ser and estar verb forms • adjectives • possessive pronouns • sentence structures • the contractions al and del • indefinite articles • tener idioms • and more
Whether you are learning on your own or taking a beginning Spanish class, Practice Makes Perfect: Basic Spanish will help you build your confidence.
About the Author
Dorothy Richmond is an experienced teacher of Spanish and the bestselling author of Practice Makes Perfect: Spanish Verb Tenses.
Table of Contents
1. Definite articles; Family
2. Indefinite articles; Around the House
3. Yo tengo and yo quiero; Animals
4. The use of hay; The classroom
5. Subject pronouns; Common -ar verbs; Regular -ar verbs; Days of the week
6. Clothing; -Ar verb endings
7. Regular -er verbs; Food and drink
8. -Er verb endings; Common -er verbs
9. Forms of adjectives; Colors; Expressing "I like"
10. Descriptive adjectives; Expressing "more than"
11. Regular -ir verbs; Common -ir verbs
12. Asking questions; Interrogatives
Etc. (Chaps. 13-50)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
It is a very great book .The excercises make you understand and learn better. I recommend this to those who want to improve or review their spanish.
Suitable for instructing younger students, clear, concise, good grounding in grammar essentials, but lacking in vocabulary building. Easily remedied with use of other sources available at B&N.
I found it very helpful.