Bates' Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking / Edition 12 available in Hardcover
129.99 Out Of Stock
Perform an accurate, efficient, and effective physical examination with confidence.Bates’ Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking provides authoritative, step-by-step guidance on performing the patient interview and physical examination, applying clinical reasoning, shared decision-making, and other core assessment skills—all based on a firm understanding of clinical evidence. This highly regarded text includes fully illustrated, step-by-step techniques that outline the correct performance of the physical examination and an easy-to-follow two-column format featuring examination techniques on the left and abnormalities (clearly indicated in red) with differential diagnoses on the right. Bates’ also includes a unit on special populations, covering special stages in the life cycle—infancy through adolescence, pregnancy, and aging.
- Clinical pearls , printed in blue, highlight key points throughout the text.
- Text boxes help readers quickly find important summaries of clinical conditions and tips for challenging examination techniques.
- Many new and updated photographs and illustrations support the text, and figures are now numbered for easy identification and reference.
- Rewritten chapter on evaluating clinical evidence clarifies key concepts to ensure student understanding.
- Revised and expanded chapter on the skin, hair, and nails includes new dermatology photographs and provides the framework for assessing common lesions and abnormalities.
- Updated behavior and mental status chapter now references DSM-5 .
- Significantly revised information on obesity and nutrition counseling; cardiovascular risk factor screening and new clinical guidelines; new screening guidelines for breast cancer, colon cancer, Papanicolau smears, and stroke risk factors; updated information on STIs; new geriatric assessment tools; and much more.
- New life cycle content , including an increased emphasis on cardiovascular health promotion and child development; updated pregnancy topics such as weight gain, substance abuse, and intimate partner violence; and new information on the older adult, including frailty, immunizations, cancer screening, cognitive decline and dementia screening, and a new algorithm for falls prevention.
|Edition description:||Twelfth, North American Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.40(w) x 11.00(h) x 1.50(d)|