Proceedings of Coastal Zone '93, the Eighth Symposium on Coastal and Ocean Management, held in New Orleans, Louisiana, July 19-23, 1993. Part of the Coastlines of the World series.
This collection contains papers that discuss engineering and management issues relating to beach management.
- environmental considerations,engineering and science;
- data gathering and monitoring;
- legal, regulatory, and political aspects of coastal management;
- planning, conservation, and development; and
- public information and citizen participation.
This collection provides professionals, decisionmakers, and general public with a broad understanding of beaches and their maintenance.