Most beading books include a mix of patterns but call for very specific beads and materials. So if crafters don't like the beads used in the projects, or don't have them in hand, they won't enjoy the projects, no matter how beautiful they are. But Susan Beal has untangled this knotty problem. "Bead Simple "is the first work of its kind that offers stunning jewelry patterns that can be completely customized with a variety of beads and stringing materials. Based on simple, yet effective beading techniques, this strikingly illustrated pattern guide includes 50 glittering designs, each featuring two bold variations for a total of 150 projects that can easily be achieved with different materials or tweaks. With hot guest designers, including DIY Network's Jennifer Perkins and Megan Nicolay, author of the bestselling "Generation T," here is the one book that finally offers jewelers the versatility to let their unique personalities shine through.
|Publisher:||Taunton Press, Incorporated|
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 10.88(h) x 0.59(d)|
About the Author
Susan Beal is the author of five best-selling craft books: Sewing for All Seasons (Chronicle, 2013), Modern Log Cabin Quilting (Potter Craft, 2011), World of Geekcraft (Chronicle, 2011), Button It Up (Taunton, 2009), and Bead Simple (Taunton, 2008). Susan also co-wrote Super Crafty (Sasquatch, 2005) with Cathy Pitters, Torie Nguyen and Rachel O'Rourke, and has contributed to many other books (including Applique Your Way, The Pillow Book, Handmade Nation, Offbeat Bride, Sweater Surgery, Knitting for Good, and Making Stuff).
Susan has a large and loyal following in the craft community. She was featured in the documentary Handmade Nation and regularly teaches at Maker Faire, Pacific Northwest College of Art, MAKE Workshop, the Northwest Quilting Expo, the Pendleton Woolen Mill Store, and several other venues across the country.
Table of Contents
1. Getting Started: Tools, Materials, Design, Icons
2. Techniques: Beadstringing, Wirework, Beadweaving, Knotting
3. Earrings: Solo Earrings, Duo Earrings, Trio Earrings, Modern Drop Earrings, Multi-Drop Earrings, Vintage Button Earrings,Circle Deluxe Earrings, Low and Swingy Earrings, Starburst Earrings
4. Necklaces: The One-Strand Necklace, The Memoir Necklace, The Vintagesque Necklace, The Hardware Store Necklace, The Three-of-a-kind Choker, The Front and Center Necklace, The Swingy Necklace, The Vintage Button Necklace, The Woven Collar Necklace, The Two-Tier Necklace, The Vintage Pin Necklace
5. Pendants: The Charming Pendant, The Modern Drop Pendant, The Ribbon Choker, The Circle Deluxe Pendant, The Multi-Drop Pendant, The Spaces and Sparkles Pendant, The Starburst Pendant
6. Brooches and Barrettes: The Sparkle Cocktail Brooch, The Floral Galore Brooch, The Vintage Button Brooch, The Glitter Barrette, The Vamp Hair Comb, The Sparkle Band
7. Bracelets: The One-Strand Bracelet, The Memoir Bracelet, The Hardware Store Bracelet, The Charming Bracelet, The Vintage Button Bracelet, The Woven Bracelet
8. Embellishments and Accessories: The Sparkle It! Ribbon Trim, The Sparkle It! Household Accessory, The Sparkle It! Accessories, The Sparkle It! Wearables, The Sparkle It! Winterwear, The Handbag Charm, The Good-Luck Charm, The Sparkle It! Bag, The Low-Slung Chain Belt, Sunglasses Chain, Holiday Ornament
Guide to our Guest Designers