What Obamacare disaster will hit next? The website launch was a fiasco, millions of Americans' insurance has already been cancelled, the exchanges are still not working, and the enrollment numbers are abysmal. Betsy McCaughey uncovers the next disasters Obamacare is about to spring on an unsuspecting public, and shows you how to protect yourself.
Did you know?
- The government predicts that Obamacare will cause millions to lose the health plans they get at work
- You can avoid the penalty for not having insurance
- Even children are subject to penalties for being uninsured
- The IRS official who targeted conservative groups has been promoted to top dog in charge of your health insurance
- The federal government recommends if you want medical privacy, pay cash
- Section 3000A of the health law awards bonus points to hospitals that spend the least per senior
- You should be careful about giving your address, tax information, and social security number to a "navigator." Most haven't been background checked, and even HHS Secretary Sebelius admits some could be felons
Patient advocate Dr. Betsy McCaughey expertly dissects the 2,572-page health law, the thousands of pages of Obamacare regulations, and the cascade of “waivers” to the law in 2013, and lays out how all these will affect your family's health and finances, your relationship with your doctor, and even your tax billbreaking it down into manageable chunks and explaining everything in plain English.
Don't be blindsided by the myriad new rules, regulations, and taxes that are coming down the pike. Begin today to understand what the Obama health law means for you, and prepare for it.
INSIDE: A twenty-page sample bill showing what genuine health reform would look like title by title!
Intimidated by the legal jargon? Not to worry, this guide comes fully equipped with an Obamacare Dictionary in the back!
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 8.40(h) x 0.90(d)|
About the Author
Betsy McCaughey, Ph.D., is a health policy expert and the former Lt. Governor of New York State. She has taught at Columbia University, held academic appointments in health policy at the Hudson Institute and the Manhattan Institute, written hundreds of articles for publications such as the Wall Street Journal , New York Times , Modern Healthcare , The New Republic , and received numerous awards for her writings. She has been featured on ABC’s Good Morning America, the CBS Morning Show, 20/20, and many other national television and radio programs. She is founder and Chairman of RIDReduce Infection Deathsa national campaign to support greater infection control in hospitals and other healthcare institutions.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Obamacare Will Change Everyone's Healthcare 1
Chapter 2 It's Mandatory 13
Chapter 3 Obamacare's Substandard Exchange Plans 25
Chapter 4 What Employers and Employees Need to Know 41
Chapter 5 Paying for More Benefits You Don't Want 59
Chapter 6 Medicaid Nation 65
Chapter 7 Obamacare Raids Medicare and Hurts Seniors 73
Chapter 8 The Tax Man Cometh 87
Chapter 9 Doctors Reject Obamacare 97
Chapter 10 Obamacare vs. the Rule of Law 105
Chapter 11 If You Like Your God, You Can Keep Your God 123
Chapter 12 Washington's Misguided Views on Health Reform 131
Chapter 13 Beating Obamacare 141
The Obamacare Calendar 151
Who Gains and Who Loses 159
The Obamacare Dictionary 163