- Piano Concerto No. 1 in C major, Op. 15
- Piano Concerto No. 4 in G major, Op. 58
- Piano Concerto No. 2 in B flat major, Op. 19
- Piano Concerto No. 3 in C minor, Op. 37
- Piano Concerto No. 5 in E flat major ("Emperor"), Op. 73
Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
- Get it by Thursday, November 30 , Order now and choose Expedited Delivery during checkout.
Happily, though not surprisingly, Alfred Brendel’s fourth recorded cycle of the Beethoven piano concertos shares with the previous three qualities of energy, sensibility, intellectual rigour and high pianistic finish which made the earlier recordings so interesting to contemplate... In the two early concertos the Philharmonic’s playing has a sweetness and allure, in the grander, later works a black-browed power, that is specially its own.