Understand Android OS for both smartphone and tablet programming
This fast-paced introduction to the newest release of Android OS gives aspiring mobile app developers what they need to know to program for today's hottest Android smartphones and tablets. Android 4 OS is, for the first time, a single solution for both smartphones and tablets, so if you master the information in this helpful guide, you'll be well on your way to successful development for both devices. From using activities and intents and creating rich user interfaces to working with SMS, messaging APIs, and the Android SDK, what you need is here.
- Provides clear instructions backed by real-world programming examples
- Begins with the basics and covers everything Android 4 developers need to know for both smartphones and tablets
- Explains how to customize activities and intents, create rich user interfaces, and manage data
- Helps you work with SMS and messaging APIs, the Android SDK, and using location-based services
- Details how to package and publish your applications to the Android Market
Beginning Android 4 Application Development pares down the most essential steps you need to know so you can start creating Android applications today.
|Product dimensions:||7.30(w) x 9.10(h) x 1.10(d)|
About the Author
Wei-Meng Lee is a technologist and founder of Developer Learning Solutions, a technology company specializing in hands-on training in the latest Microsoft and Apple technologies. He is the author of Beginning Android Application Development and Beginning iOS 5 Application Development, as well as many other technology books and articles.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Well written with lots of examples.