Prepare to look, feel, and perform better than you ever have before!
Why bodybuilding? Put simply, lifting weightsor resistance trainingis one of the best ways to achieve total body health and fitness. Research has shown time and again that pumping iron provides a host of benefits: Bigger muscles, of course, but also greater strength, higher bone density, and improved cardiovascular capacity. Adding muscle also naturally ignites your body's internal fat-burners, increasing your metabolism while lowering your blood pressure and cholesterol. Oh yeah, and you'll look terrific.
Here's all you need to start building serious muscle, including crucial information on:
- Complete workouts and techniques to maximize results
- Specific tips on achieving more defined abs, arms, legs, chest, and back,
- How bodybuilding is different and better than other training methods
- Basic anatomy and physiology
- “Gym jargon” via a special decoder
- How long and often you should work outand how much recovery time your body needs
|Publisher:||McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing|
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 10.90(h) x 0.29(d)|
About the Author
John Little has worked alongside bodybuilding's greatest champions and innovators for more than thirty years. He has created three revolutionary training techniquesmax contraction training, static contraction training, and power factor training (and authored many books on the subjects). More than 150,000 bodybuilders in sixty countries use his training techniques and read his regular column in Iron Man magazine.