Beginning Fedora: From Novice to Professional guides you through the tasks most new Linux users desire to perform, while explaining potentially confusing concepts along the way. It will steer you through system customization opportunities and common tasks like listening to audio CDs and MP3s, watching movies, and performing office- and Internet-related jobs. A large part of the book is dedicated to advanced command-line techniques necessary to maintain your system and become a true Linux master!
Highlights of this title include the following:
- Provides an illustrated, step-by-step guide to Fedora installation and hardware configuration
- Includes a DVD consisting of the latest Fedora operating system. Just place the disk into your drive and begin!
- Eases the transition from the Windows to the Linux desktop by focusing on key everyday tasks such as file management, peripheral configuration, MP3/video playback, and office tasks
- Install and configure the Fedora operating system. Youll also learn how to install it alongside Windows, allowing you to switch between the operating systems at will!
- Browse, manage, edit, and view your MP3s, movies, and pictures
- Manage office files using OpenOffice, the open source alternative to Microsoft Office!
- Execute key administration tasks such as user management, backups, and remote access
- Navigate the Linux environment using the powerful Bash shell
This book was written for individuals seeking to make the most of the Fedora Linux distribution and the many useful open source software applications that collectively offer a powerful alternative to Microsoft Windows.
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||8 MB|
About the Author
Shashank Sharma has contributed articles extensively to Linux.com and NewsForge. He conducts classes on various aspects of Linux at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi. Using Linux since 1997, Shashank has helped several newbies with his 1,000+ posts at the popular LinuxQuestions.org forum board. Interested in the workings of free/open source software licenses, he actively participates in the discussions on the Creative Commons mailing list. His blog, LinuxLala.net, focuses on licensing and is regularly linked to by major web sites such as IPcentral and LXer.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Vreaths out a sigh of relief. A pain you never even nptid was removed from her eyes. Gtgtb bb in two days
"Yes you are forgiven..." the starclan cat meowed, "Endless...if they do...ignore them...if you can not...then they do not deserve to follow you..." then she disapeared...
"I will...bit what if they think im weak?" I ask still crying but not as much