- After a brief introduction to Visual Studio 2005 and the .Net Framework, the expert authors introduce readers to the fundamentals of the Visual Basic 2005 language
- End-of-chapter exercises help readers to quickly learn to build rich and professional-looking applications for Microsoft Windows, intranets and the Internet, and mobile devices
- Offers thorough coverage of the new Visual Studio 2005 tools and features
- Covers object-oriented programming, creating custom controls, working with databases, creating menus, and working with graphics
- Addresses building class libraries, Web services and .NET remoting, and deploying applications
|Series:||Wrox Beginning Guides Ser.|
|Product dimensions:||7.44(w) x 9.14(h) x 1.79(d)|
About the Author
Thearon Willis is a Senior Consultant with over 20 years of programming experience. He started writing applications using the BASIC language in 1980 and later moved on to Visual Basic and finally to Visual Basic .NET.
Thearon began working with databases in 1987 and has been hooked on writing database applications every since. He has experience with SQL Server, Oracle, and DB2 but works with SQL Server on a daily basis. Thearon has programmed in several other languages, some of which include C++, assembly language, Pascal, and COBOL. However, he enjoys Visual Basic .NET the best because it provides the features needed to quickly build Windows and Web applications, as well as components and Web Services.
Thearon currently develops intranet applications, Web Services, and server-side and client-side utilities using Visual Basic .NET. Most of these applications and utilities are database-driven and make use of XML and XSL. Thearon lives with his wife Margie and daughter Stephanie in the Raleigh, North Carolina, area.
Bryan Newsome works in Charlotte, North Carolina, as a custom software project manager specializing in Microsoft solutions. He leads a team of developers focused on meeting the needs of each client and project using the latest technologies. Each day, he helps provide clients with solutions and mentoring on leading-edge Microsoft technologies. Bryan is a Microsoft Certified Application Developer for .NET.