- Living with a chronic illness can feel like a constant battle. Conditions such as high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, COPD, and depression not only require vigilant management, but they can negatively affect your day-to-day functioning and deprive you of the quality of life you deserve.
- This book is designed to equip you with the tools you need to overcome the symptoms of pain, fatigue, shortness of breath, anxiety, and stress while effectively managing and reversing the diseases that cause them. By encouraging you to create personal healthy living goals and then providing valuable tools to help you achieve them, this guide will give you the confidence you need to take control of your health.
- In this book, Dr. Chi guides you to become empowered in the self-management of your chronic conditions, with each chapter containing practical exercises and personal health trackers to help you better monitor and manage your symptoms and conditions.
- Be inspired and revitalized as Dr. Chi takes you on a journey of self-discovery and empowerment through a combination of essential health information and original poetry -a unique fusion that will both strengthen the body and touch the soul.
-- LIST OF COVERED TOPICS --
1. Getting the most out of your healthcare visits 2. Goal-setting for success 3. Taking and managing medications 4. Heart-healthy eating 5. The low-sodium diet 6. Exercising with heart conditions 7. Angina (chest pain) 8. High blood pressure 9. Type 2 Diabetes 10. Heart failure 11. Chronic pain 12. Chronic lung disease 13. Stress management 14. Relaxation techniques 15. Fighting fatigue 16. Preventing heartburn 17. Insomnia and sleeping problems 18. Urinary incontinence 19. Staying healthy during the holidays 20. Maintaining Intimacy 21. Depression and anxiety 22. How to stay motivated 23. Tobacco and smoking cessation
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.75(d)|
About the Author