If you're looking for practical, straight-talking advice on getting things right, look no further.
Being the Best Man For Dummies is a perfect one-stop guide to being the ideal best man. This newly updated edition includes:
- Advice on organising the stag night (or weekend), including a guide to the best destinations, activities, and organisers, with contact information.
- An outline of your wedding day responsibilities (in the morning, at the church, during the reception, and all points in between) plus tips on how not to screw things up.
- A guide to writing a delivering a great speech, including opening lines, jokes, quotes, and more.
- Ten wedding-day nightmare scenarios to avoid.
- Guidance on how to dress to impress.
All that in one convenient package that also doubles as a terrific prop for the reception speech.
About the Author
Dominic Bliss has been a freelance journalist for the last 20 years. He writes for magazines and newspapers on men's interest, sport and travel. He was founding editor of the men's wedding magazine, Stag & Groom.
Table of Contents
Part I: Getting Started with Being the Best Man 5
Chapter 1: Best Man Basics 7
Chapter 2: Stag Do’s and Stag Don’ts 15
Chapter 3: The Stag Party 33
Part II: Wedding Preparations and the Big Day 43
Chapter 4: The Build-Up to the Big Day 45
Chapter 5: The Morning of the Wedding 61
Chapter 6: The Actual Ceremony 69
Chapter 7: The Wedding Reception 79
Part III: The Speech 87
Chapter 8: Writing the Speech 89
Chapter 9: Delivering and Presenting Your Speech 109
Part IV: The Part of Tens 125
Chapter 10: Ten Great Ideas for the Stag Do 127
Chapter 11: Ten Best Stag Do Destinations 133
Chapter 12: Ten Wedding Nightmare Scenarios 139
Chapter 13: Ten Great Budget Stag Tips 143
Chapter 14: Ten Great Drinking Games 149
Appendix: Surfing the Best Man Web 155