This highly illustrated eBook takes you on an action-packed ride through the creation of Ben-Hur and gives you an arena-side seat to this epic's cinematic secrets. Featuring the complete shooting script, 17 chapters, historical documents and more, Ben-Hur: Inside the Script is a whole new kind of reading experience. Warner Bros. Digital Publishing proudly presents Ben-Hur: Inside the Script, the revelatory digital companion to the big screen blockbuster. Learn how and why Ben-Hur became known as the movie that saved MGM, walk the sands alongside Charlton Heston as he records his experiences making the film, follow the storied history of the many adaptations of Lew Wallace's original literary work and more! Either as a stand-alone immersive experience or as an invaluable addition to the colossal Ben-Hur 50th Anniversary Ultimate Collector's Edition box set, Ben-Hur: Inside the Script shines a bright new light on this classic cinema spectacle. Every volume in the Inside the Script series offers sophisticated design and formatting not usually seen in eBooks. Zoom in on high-resolution images and examine every detail. Customize your reading experience using internal links that instantly take you from scene to stills, from act to analysis, from dialogue to production memos. Use the Image Catalog to quickly locate any picture in the book. Read well…and LIVE! Ben-Hur: Inside the Script includes:
- The complete, authentically formatted shooting script for Ben-Hur, in a new, customizable eBook format.
- 17 chapters of essays about the film, with a foreword, one chapter and many photo captions written by movie producer Fraser C. Heston, son of star Charlton Heston.
- Excerpts from Charlton Heston's on-set acting journal, his annotated copy of the shooting script and Lydia Heston's family photos (courtesy of the Heston Family Trust).
- Reproductions of related historical documents. Including notes and recommendations from historical advisor Professor Moshe Gottstein, letters from the Production Code Administration and pages from MGM’s 1925 Ben-Hur script.
- Treasures from the Warner Bros. Entertainment Media Archives and publicity shots.
- Rare behind-the-scenes materials such as makeup and wardrobe tests, production design sketches, sample matte paintings, and even the patent designs for MGM Camera 65, Panavision and MGM’s new widescreen process.
- Photo galleries with 224 zoomable, high-resolution images of costumes, on-set stills, movie posters and behind-the-scenes action.
- Glossaries of historical and film terms.
- Production timeline.
|Publisher:||Warner Brothers Digital Distribution|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||16 MB|
|Note:||This product may take a few minutes to download.|