The Berenstain Bears' Kitten Rescue—part of the popular Zonderkidz Living Lights series of books—is perfect for:
- Early readers ages 4-8
- Teaching new readers how to sound out words and use context clues
- Sparking meaningful conversations about helping others in need through by doing good deeds
The Berenstain Bears' Kitten Rescue is an addition to the Living Lights™ series that:
- Features the hand-drawn artwork of the Berenstain family
- Continues in the much-loved footsteps of Stan and Jan Berenstain in this Berenstain Bears series of books
- Is part of one of the bestselling children’s book series ever created, with more than 250 books published and nearly 300 million copies sold to date
About the Author
Stan and Jan Berenstain introduced the first Berenstain Bears books in 1962. Mike Berenstain grew up watching his parents work together to write about and draw these lovable bears. Eventually he started drawing and writing about them too. Though Stan died in 2005 and Jan in 2012, Mike continues to create the delightful Bear adventures from his studio in Pennsylvania, in an area that looks much like the sunny dirt road deep in Bear Country.
Read an Excerpt
The Berenstain Bears' KITTEN RESCUEI Can Read! / Berenstain Bears / Good Deed Scouts / Living Lights
By Jan Berenstain Mike Berenstain
ZONDERVANCopyright © 2010 Berenstain Publishing, Inc.
All right reserved.
Chapter One"Are we ready for our good deed of the day?" asked Scout Brother.
"What shall it be?" asked Scout Sister.
"How about ..." began Scout Fred.
"Wait a minute," said Scout Lizzy.
"I hear something."
There was a soft, "Mew! Mew!"
"Look!" said Lizzy.
"A kitten is stuck in that tree."
"We will get it down," said Brother.
"That will be our good deed!"
"As the Bible says," Fred pointed out,
"'Whoever is kind to the needy honors God.'"
"Good point, Fred," said Brother.
Excerpted from The Berenstain Bears' KITTEN RESCUE by Jan Berenstain Mike Berenstain Copyright © 2010 by Berenstain Publishing, Inc.. Excerpted by permission.
All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.
Excerpts are provided by Dial-A-Book Inc. solely for the personal use of visitors to this web site.