Publisher's Note: Products purchased from 3rd Party sellers are not guaranteed by the Publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product. Bridging the gap between science and clinical practice, The Bethesda Handbook of Clinical Hematology, Fourth Edition, provides concise, up-to-date coverage of “need to know” information on the diagnosis and treatment of blood and bone marrow disorders. Written by nationally recognized experts and senior fellows at the National Institutes of Health, and at leading research institutions throughout the United States, this essential pocket reference is logically organized by disease category and features a reader-friendly format that includes tables, algorithms, illustrations, and bulleted lists that highlight key information.
- Discusses the pathophysiology, natural history, risk factors, diagnosis, management, and follow-up of common hematological diseases.
- Contains new information on diagnosis, treatment and management of myelodysplastic and myeloproliferative disorders; leukemias and lymphomas; disorders of hemostasis and thrombosis. Features new diagnostic and treatment strategies, updated references, and revised information throughout.
- Ideal for the student, resident, or fellow on a hematology or oncology service, as well as the internist, hospitalist, family practitioner, and pediatrician who sees patients with blood diseases.
- Perfect as an everyday reference or for board review.
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech
- Adapt for unique reading needs, supporting learning disabilities, visual/auditory impairments, second-language or literacy challenges, and more
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x (d)|
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Iron Deficiency Bogdan Dumitriu Griffin P. Rodgers 1
Chapter 2 Deficiencies of Vitamin B12 and Folate Danielle M. Townsley Griffin P. Rodgers 12
Chapter 3 Hemolytic Anemia Sri Lakshmi Hyndavi Yeruva Patricia O'Neal 23
Chapter 4 Sickle Cell Anemia and Thalassemia Matthew M. Hsieh John F. Tisdale Griffin P. Rodgers 38
Chapter 5 Porphyrias Peiman Hematti 59
Chapter 6 Bone Marrow Failure Syndromes: Aplastic Anemia, Acquired and Constitutional; Paroxysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobinuria; Pure Red Blood Cell Aplasia; and Agranulocytosis Phillip Scheinberg Neal S. Young Johnson M. Liu 66
Chapter 7 Myelodysplastic Syndromes Danielle M. Townsley Minoo Battiwalla 90
Chapter 8 The Myeloproliferative Neoplasms: Polycythemia Vera, Essential Thrombocythemia, Primary Myelofibrosis, and Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia Matthew J. Olnes 104
Chapter 9 Neutrophil Disorders and Neutropenias Matthew M. Hsieh Harry L. Malech 121
Chapter 10 Childhood Hematologic Diseases Julie Jaffray Alan S. Wayne 131
Chapter 11 Acute Myeloid Leukemia Christopher S. Hourigan Vera Malkovska 148
Chapter 12 Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Deepa Bhojwani Alan S. Wayne 168
Chapter 13 Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia Agnes S. M. Yong A. John Barrett 181
Chapter 14 Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Inhye E. Ahn Clare Sun Adrian Wiestner 198
Chapter 15 Hodgkin Lymphoma Joseph Roswarski Mark Roschewski 212
Chapter 16 Non-Hodgkin Lymphomas Richard F. Little 223
Chapter 17 Multiple Myeloma Neha Korde Sham Mailankody Dickran Kazandjian Ola Landgren 252
Chapter 18 Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation Phuong T. Vo Ramaprasad Srinivasan Richard W. Childs 268
Chapter 19 Thrombocytopenia Karolyn A. Oetjen Cynthia E. Dunbar 289
Chapter 20 Disorders of Hemostasis I: Coagulation Angela C. Weyand Patrick F. Fogarty 307
Chapter 21 Disorders of Hemostasis II Angela C. Weyand Patrick F. Fogarty 321
Chapter 22 Venous Thromboembolism Elisabet H. Manasanch Jay N. Lozier 338
Chapter 23 Consultations in Anticoagulation Daisuke Araki Jay N. Lozier 356
Chapter 24 Blood Transfusion Harvey G. Klein 373
Chapter 25 Hemochromatosis Sandhya R. Panch Charles D. Bolan Susan F. Leitman 409
Chapter 26 Consultative Hematology Pierre Noel 424
Chapter 27 Interpretation of Standard Hematologic Tests Vid Leka Katherine R. Calvo Geraldine P. Schechter 440
Chapter 28 Basic Principles and Clinical Applications of Flow Cytometry Thomas A. Fleisher Raul C. Braylan 465