Better Homes & Gardens New Cook Book by Better Homes & Gardens
- Completely revised and updated with a fresh new design.
- More than 1,400 recipes—tested and perfected in the Better Homes and Gardens Test Kitchen—including 400+ quick and easy ones.
- All-new 20-Minute chapter, which includes more than 45 fast meal solutions.
- More recipes on your favorite topics: Cookies, Desserts, Grilling and Slow Cooker. Plus, the Grilling chapter now features recipes for the turkey fryer and more recipes for the smoke cooker.
- At-a-glance icons identify Easy, Fast, Low-Fat, Fat-Free, Whole Grain, Vegetarian, and Favorite recipes.
- Simple menu ideas featured in every main-dish chapter.
- Updated Cooking Basics chapter includes need-to-know kitchen survival advice including food safety, make-ahead cooking, must-have timesaving kitchen gadgets and emergency substitution charts.
- Essential need-to-know information now conveniently located at the front of each chapter for easy reference helps ensure cooking success.
- More than 800 full-color photos of finished dishes, how-to demonstrations and food IDs.
- Hundreds of hints and tips, plus easy-to-read cooking charts.
- Bonus Material: Exclusive to cookbook buyers, an online menu component offers hundreds of menu ideas and more than 75 bonus recipes.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Better Homes & Gardens New Cookbook based on 0 ratings. 4 reviews.
The information for each recipe is very nicely laid out. It gives estimated prep time, cook time, etc. The ingredients are in order of use. The directions are clearly written. There are tips and information at the front of the book and at the beginning of each section. A wonderful index in the back that lists the recipes by name and also by a major ingredient (i.e. chicken, beef, etc.). Each section also has a little table of contents so that if you were in the bread section, you can see the recipes in the bread category. There's only a few minor complaints. There isn't a picture for every recipe. The directions aren't accompanied by pictures but that is fine since this cookbook crammed in so many recipes. The recipes, at least the ones I have tried, are not overly complicated which is great for a still relatively new cook like me. It even has a recipe for making hard boiled eggs! Useful since before that, all I knew is that eggs go into boiling water. I hadn't the faintest clue how long to wait. If you're starting out cooking, I would recommend this.
While I already have a book case filled with cook books, I wanted something that would give me step by step instructions so that I could try new recipes. This one fits my requirements! So many recipes, so little time! the beginner & the veteran chef will not be disappointed!
This is an indispensable tool for our kitchen. There are 22 different food sections, so the variety is refreshing. We use this cookbook several times a week for reference ranging from how to hard boil eggs, to what type of wine to couple with a specific dish, to substitution suggestions. Whenever we have a cooking question, we check this cookbook before the internet¿it seems to answer a range of questions. One of our best wedding gifts!