America's most trusted cookbook in a handy spiral-bound paper edition!
Here is a lay-flat, spiral paperback edition of the Betty Crocker Cookbook, 11th Edition—the book's most thorough revision in sixty years—with hundreds of new recipes, three new chapters, and icons that showcase how we cook today—faster, healthier, and with many more flavors.
New features celebrate the book's expertise and heritage with repertoire-building recipe lessons and fresh twists on American classics. With 1,100 gorgeous all-new photos and 1,500 recipes, as well as invaluable cooking guidance, The Big Red Cookbook is better and more comprehensive than ever before. The book features:
- Exclusive content at BettyCrocker.com for cookbook buyers: 80 videos and 400 bonus recipes
- 1,500 recipes, 50 percent new to this edition
- 1,100 all-new full-color photos—more than three times the number in the previous edition—including 350 step-by-step photos
- Bold, contemporary, and colorful design
- Three new chapters on Breakfast and Brunch, Do It Yourself (including canning, preserving and pickling) and Entertaining (including cocktails and party treats)
- New feature: Learn to Make recipes giving visual lessons on preparing essential dishes like Roast Turkey and Apple Pie, with icons directing readers to bonus videos on BettyCrocker.com
- New feature: Heirloom Recipe and New Twist showcase classic recipes paired with a fresh twist, with icons directing readers to bonus videos on BettyCrocker.com
- "Mini" recipes giving quick bursts of inspiration in short paragraph form
With 65 million copies sold and still going strong, the Betty Crocker Cookbook, 11th Edition is the one kitchen companion every home cook needs.
|Publisher:||Houghton Mifflin Harcourt|
|Series:||Betty Crocker New Cookbook Series|
|Edition description:||Eleventh Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.80(w) x 9.20(h) x 1.10(d)|
About the Author
With more than 63 million cookbooks sold since 1950, Betty Crocker is the name readers trust for reliable recipes and great ideas. For over 75 years, Betty Crocker has provided advice to millions of Americans through cookbooks, magazines and television.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Careful: if you love the earlier edition, like me, and need to replace it, check for your favorite recipes before buying this version. I was dismayed to see that even the basic Southern Skillet Cornbread was cut from the 2011 edition.
I love my Betty Crocker cookbooks. This one was purchased as a bridal shower gift. I gave it 4 stars because it's not a hardcover book. The cookbook is worth 5 stars; the binding deserves no stars. The cover is heavy paper and pages are held together with thin plastic spiral binding. This makes the book very flimsy and the binding brittle. It won't hold up over years of use. I wish I'd known this from reading the discription and reveiws before purchasing this style of the cookbook. As I needed the gift right away I didn't have time to return it. If this was a replacement for my own tatered well used and loved hardcover Betty Crocker Cookbook I would have returned it in a heartbeat.
Bought as a gift for our college son. Looks great and has some "basic" info that he will need as well. A little concerned about how the binding will hold up.