THE ESSENTIAL GUIDE FOR NEW PILOTS--FULLY UPDATED!
Covering the latest FAA regulations, Beyond the Checkride, Second Edition, is packed with invaluable lessons learned by trial and error based on the real-life experiences of hundreds of pilots. Originally written by legendary flight instructor Howard Fried and thoroughly revised by veteran pilot Gene Gailey, this practical resource takes you, step by step, through a flight from the perspective of a flight examiner. Learn from other pilots' mistakes--it's easier and safer, and it could even save your life.
FEATURES UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE OF:
- Rarely taught basics, including maneuvering speed, propeller safety, night flying, and more
- Paperwork and other requirements
- Pilot certificates and ratings
- Human factors that affect flying, including fatigue and emotions
- Flight safety and accident prevention
- Aircraft control
- Surviving spins, stalls, spirals, and more
- Flying advanced aircraft
- Weather conditions
- Air traffic control
- FAA regulations
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||2 MB|
About the Author
Gene E. Gailey (San Luis Obispo, CA) has been a private pilot for more than 44 years. He is coauthor of The Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge, Fifth Edition.
Howard J. Fried was a veteran pilot, a flight instructor, and FAA pilot examiner.