It is a daunting task for the new Bible student to walk into a store for the purpose of purchasing a Bible. Immediately, he is met with shelves upon shelves of more than 100 different English translation choices: AMP, AT, ASV, BLE, CEB, CEV, ERV, ESV, HCSB, IB, ISV, JB, KJ21, LB, MLB, NAB, NASB, NCV, NEB, NET, NJB, NIV, NIVI, NIRV, NKJV, NLT, NLV, NRSV, REB, RSV, RVB, SEB, TEV, TNIV, WE and on and on.
He is even further bewildered when he realizes that, in addition to the standard format, there are different formats within each translation: a reference Bible, a study Bible, a life application Bible, an archaeology Bible. He further notices that some translations claim to be Essentially Literal, while others claim to be Dynamic Equivalent (thought for thought), which only serves to increase his confusion. The goal of BTM, therefore, is to be a help to all who read the Bible. For decades, there have been magazines and technical journals published for scholars. We wanted to create a magazine that would communicate as clearly and powerfully as possible to all of today's readers.
At BTM, we are taking difficult and complex subjects and making them easy to understand. The resulting effort is a magazine that is easy to read and understand, while also accurately communicating information about the Bible. This magazine is for both adults and young ones; in fact, children will be able to read our magazine and understand it. In addition, our magazine will be beneficial for all who struggle to understand the Bible when they read it. We hope this magazine will be just right for you.
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||1 MB|
About the Author
(1) THE TEXT OF THE NEW TESTAMENT: A Beginner's Guide to New Testament Textual Criticism (February 2012);
(2) THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO BIBLE TRANSLATION: Bible Translation Choices and Translation Principles (February 2012);
(3) MISREPRESENTING JESUS: Debunking Bart D. Ehrman's Misquoting Jesus (December 2011);
(4) YOUR GUIDE FOR DEFENDING THE BIBLE Self-Education of the Bible Made Easy (April 2011);
(5) AN INTRODUCTION TO BIBLE DIFFICULTIES: So-Called Errors and Contradictions (March 2011);
(6) BIBLE DIFFICULTIES: Debunking the Documentary Hypothesis (February 2011).
(7) DIFFICULTIES IN THE BIBLE Alleged Errors and Contradictions Updated and Expanded Edition (February 08, 2011)
(8) The Importance and Value of Proper Bible Study (Updated and Expanded Edition) (February 16, 2011)
(9) How to Study the Bible for Greatest Profit (Updated and Expanded Edition) (Mar 08, 2011)
(10) APPLYING THE BIBLE MORE FULLY IN YOUR LIFE How to Broaden and Deepen Your Understanding of God's Word (Aug 05, 2012)
(11) Basics of Biblical Criticism: Helpful or Harmful? (Nov 01. 2012)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
This magazine looks to be a promising scholarly resource for the arm-chair Bible translators and genuine Bible readers alike! As I write this review I note that the March issue is also out, I look forward to catching up on those articles as well. I hope this same quality is maintained throughtout the life of the magazine! Kudos!
I love this magazine and look foward to it coming out every other month.loads of info on the original laguages and word searches
I would happily pay more for such a quality read.But like,as if i would tell them that.
I read the January edition too, and felt it had much to offer, with its great variety of articles. I found the articles in this edition to be well written, informative, and easy to understand. I like the great variety of articles. I look forward to the next edition.
The magazine has a variety of articles. The thing that I liked most is they they were written for the regular folk. Also, most magazines do not have a hundred pages of articles, so you are really getting your money's worth. I am looking forward to the next issue.