It has become common knowledge that Christianity in America is in a psychological crisis. The answers to our problems are frequently expressed through external remedies – another addiction program, self-help teaching, ministry adventure, 100 ways to..., – while the average state of the inner man (I Tim. 4:8) is starving. From the secular position, we see that more people are being categorized and diagnosed with mental disorders and imbalances.
Surprisingly, one-fourth of the New Testament directly or indirectly refers to the mind, making the subject more than relevant. Biblical Psychology brings the human mind out of the shadows and into the forefront of contextual and hermeneutical criticism. Although it is believed that the mind is the most powerful machine in the world, it is impossible to tap into its energy without properly understanding the purposes of its intellectual properties: attention, conscience, emotion, heart, imagination, knowledge, memory, opinions, perception, reason, understanding, and thought.
• What is logic? How do I use my logic and reasoning for good?
• What is my conscience? How do I keep a good conscience?
• What is the purpose of my memory? How do I delete bad files from my mind's memory and upload the right files?
• How can I get control of my out-of-control mind?
• Do my feelings ever lie? Can I trust my feelings?
• In what part of the mind does depression exist, and can I beat it without medication?
• What is the purpose of knowledge?
• How do I know if my perception is right or wrong?
• What is the purpose of my imagination?
• What is the most practical way to have a positive attitude?
• How do I overcome my addictive behavior, fear, inferiority complex, negativity, etc.?
Questions like these will be answered as we study the mind from a biblical perspective. Also we'll bring to the table the mind's great riddles: what it is, how it works, what its safeguards are, and how to use it rightly. Finally, we will discover that the mental logistics found within the Bible are the answer to the Christian's reformation (Rom. 12:1-2) and obtaining the power of God (II Tim. 1:7) in his life.
A Must for Everyone!
|Publisher:||Gateway International Publishing|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||13 MB|
|Note:||This product may take a few minutes to download.|
About the Author