- Pub. Date:
Related collections and offers
|Product dimensions:||6.02(w) x 8.93(h) x 0.86(d)|
About the Author
Hafemann (Th.D., Tübingen) is the Mary F. Rockefeller Distinguished Professor of New Testament at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary in South Hamilton, Massachusetts. Prior to joining the faculty of Gordon-Conwell, he served from 1995 to 2004 as the Gerald F. Hawthorne Professor of New Testament Greek and Exegesis at Wheaton College and Graduate School in Wheaton, Illinois.
His books include Suffering and the Ministry of the Spirit; Paul, Moses and the History of Israel; an NIV Application Commentary on 2 Corinthians; and The God of Promise and the Life of Faith: Understanding the Heart of the Bible.
He has written several books, including Paul, Moses and the History of Israel and God of Promise and the Life of Faith.
Table of Contents
List of Abbreviations
1. Biblical Theology: Retrospect and ProspectScott J. HafemannPart 1: The Question of the "Old Testament"
2. Biblical Theology and the Composition of the Hebrew BibleJohn H. Sailhamer
3. Genesis 1-4: The Genesis of Old Testament InstructionBrian G. Toews
4. Genesis 2:1-17: A Foreshadowing of the New CreationWilliam J. Dumbrell
5. Geography and Genealogy, Dominion and Dynasty: A Theology of the Hebrew BibleStephen G. Dempster
6. What is "Canonical" About a Canonical Biblical Theology?: Genesis as a Case Study of Recent Old Testament ProposalsRichard Shultz
7. Psalms and Psalter: Paradigm for Biblical TheologyGerald H. Wilson
8. Figural Representation and Canonical UnityM. Jay WellsPart 2: The Witness of the "New Testament"
9. Jesus' Vision for the Restoration of Israel as the Basis for a Biblical Theology of the New TestamentJames M. Scott
10. Diversity and Unity in the New TestamentAndreas J. Köstenberger
11. The New Testament and New CreationG.K. Beale
12. My Experience with Biblical TheologyPeter StuhlmacherPart 3: The Unity of the Bible
13. Two Testaments and the Failure of One Tradition HistoryChristopher R. Seitz
14. Dialogic Conceptions of Language and the Problem of Biblical UnityNicholas Perrin
15. The Conceptual Structure of New Testament TheologyStephen E. Fowl
16. Progressive Dispensationalism and the Law/Gospel Contrast: A Case Study in Biblical TheologyDaniel P. Fuller
17. The Future of Biblical TheologyTed M. DormanPart 4: Biblical Theology
18. Biblical Theology and the Wholeness of Scripture: Steps Toward a Program for the FuturePaul R. House
19. Biblical Theology as the Heartbeat of Effective MinistryGraeme L. Goldsworthy
List of Contributors