There are many books designed to help librarians and teachers come up with programming ideas, but here is one that compiles, organizes, and indexes texts and tunes thoroughly. This unparalleled collection, a follow up to the author's popular Big Book of Animal Rhymes, Fingerplays, and Songs, is organized around the four seasons, focusing on children's rhymes, fingerplays, songs, and poems relating to weather, time, and holidays.
Designed as a one-stop resource to help librarians and educators find material for their programs quickly and easily, the book features approximately 300 songs, rhymes, and fingerplays, including some Spanish-language versions. Material is topically arranged and presented in a format that can easily be reproduced. There is a thematic index and generous cross-referencing, as well as age/grade levels that will help readers determine which material is best suited to a particular audience. Music for accompaniments is included, as are directions for performing the fingerplays.
- Approximately 300 public domain works
- Alphabetical organization for easy access
- Musical scores and full lyrics for songs
- An extensive bibliography of works in the public domain, as well as current resources
- Title, author, and first-line indexes and ample cross-referencing
|Product dimensions:||8.40(w) x 10.90(h) x 0.50(d)|
|Age Range:||4 - 8 Years|