Need an introductory text that will give you a headstart? Want an anatomy and physiology book which uses accessible language, everyday examples and connects to your course? Then read this book!
Biology for Health takes a unique approach. It links the elements of anatomy and physiology (A&P) with everyday activities you do without thinking, for example, eating, drinking, sleeping, moving – the 'Activities of Daily Living'. This instantly makes complex biological processes easier to understand.
Connecting A&P with health, healthcare and wellbeing, the author's exceptional understanding of students' needs contributes to a comprehensive book which contains the following supportive features:
- Health Connections boxes woven throughout to explain the illnesses, disorders and health information linked to each biological process
- Chapter References which help you to cross-reference between chapters, clearly highlighting where links occur
- Diagrams and Figures galore offering clear, simple and explanatory illustrations
- Chapter Outlines displaying short contents lists to aid the quick location of systems, processes and organs – making the book easy to navigate
- Summary boxes encapsulating the key discussion points – perfect for revision.
This is the ultimate companion to your course, whether you're studying nursing, health, midwifery, paramedic science, or sport and exercise.
|Publisher:||Macmillan Education UK|
|Product dimensions:||7.40(w) x 9.60(h) x 1.00(d)|
About the Author