This volume contains papers selected from the twenty-four Methods in Enzymology volumes on Biomembranes. The articles were chosen based on their impact on the field and how well the methods they cover have withstood the test of time. They represent a milestone in our understanding by the giants in the field.
* Purification, functional characterization, reconstitution, and organization
* Transmembrane and associated proteins
* Membrane lipids and lipoproteins
* Bioenergetics and transport
* Biogenesis, targeting, and assembly