Bismarck / Edition 2 available in Paperback
This book examines the development of Bismarck's political method, the evolution of his policies on German unification and his views on nationalism and liberalism. A new chapter explores his views on militarism, and relations with the military. Bruce Waller also now provides a fuller discussion of Bismarck's period as chancellor. Bismarck provides the ideal introduction to the public and private faces of this great statesman of the modern era.
Table of Contents
1. Birth, School and Early Years, 1815-1847.
3. Bismarck and German Unification.
4. Bismarck, the Nation and the Constitution.
5. Imperial Foreign Policy.
6. Bismarck, the Catholics and the Workers: the Limits ofPower.
7. The Social and Economic Interpretation of German History.
8. Bismarck, Militarism and the Military.
9. Bismarck: the Chancellor at Home in the Seventies andEighties.
10. Assessment References and Further Reading.