The Black Man's Guide to Parenting by C. F. Gipson offers 50 unique tips on what black men need to do to be an effective father in today's demanding and changing world. Among the key points are:
* Be there when your children are born.
* Become financially literate: teach your children that honest pays and trying to beat the system doesn't.
* Be selective about who meets your children: you are responsible for protecting your children from abuse.
* Love and discipline are both important: you need to set standards for how your children behave.
* Educate your children about racism: don't allow your children to blame every problem they have on racism, but make sure they know racism still exists.
|Publisher:||Blue Point Books|
|Product dimensions:||6.80(w) x 8.90(h) x 0.40(d)|