Black Meditation: Ten Practices for Self-Care, Mindfulness, and Self-Determination
Enhance your self-care and activate your inner resources.
When talking about mindfulness, a lot of people avoid talking about race-despite these practices coming from the lands of Black and Brown people.
This book is different: the author is Black and the message is Black. The purpose is to encourage spiritual consciousness, anti-racist awareness, and social change that benefits all people.
Reading Black Meditation will teach you about Kemetic principles, visualization techniques, and methods for cultivating self-love and self-respect. Cultivate your inner greatness by using guided meditations and writing exercises.
Here are the chapter titles for each of the 10 chapters:
- Cultivation: Introducing Black Meditation
- Purpose: The Goal Is to Sit
- Discipline: Breath and Body
- Vision: Envisioning a Direction
- Gratitude: Written Words to Yourself
- Blessings: Affirming Spirit
- Courage: Stepping outside of our Patterns
- Resilience: Recovering from our Trauma
- Strength: Links and Boundaries
- Love: The Missing Ingredient
Because I am not the only Black Meditator out there, I also included 6 short interviews with some expert Black Meditators from my city and my circle: Feugang Donald, Brandon Dawson-Jarvis, Vonnette Forde, Jacqueline Powell, Astin L. Davis, and Claude Kamga.
Learn about Black Meditation from a new perspective.
Learn from an anti-racist perspective.
|Publisher:||Each One Teach One Publications|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.51(d)|