Building on the message of Don Tapscott's highly successful book,The Digital Economy,Blueprint to the Digital Economy offers breakthrough insights and strategies designed to help today's businesses succeed in an emerging and highly competitive digital business environment. Through first-hand accounts,top executives of world-class corporations like Kodak,IBM,Microsoft,and AT&T offer provocative examples of how their businesses used networking and multimedia technologies to achieve their individual corporate objectives.
Don Tapscott,bestselling author of Paradigm Shift,The Digital Economy,and Growing Up Digital is arguably today's foremost expert on the topic of information technology. Picking up where The Digital Economy left off,this groundbreaking book provides a much-needed framework for understanding the digital revolution and the impact it is making on today's businesses.
Based on seminal research conducted by The Alliance for Converging Technologies,which brings together over 30 world-class organizations,Blueprint to the Digital Economy provides important insights into the emerging digital environment and how it is changing today's workplace. Together with executives from the world's leading technology,manufacturing,services,and government organizations,Tapscott and co-editors Alex Lowy and David Ticoll unveil the latest and most exciting applications of network and multimedia technologies and the impact they are already having on the way we do business.
Following Tapscott's introduction,each chapter of Blueprint is authored by a member of the Alliance,all senior strategists and CEOs from today's most influential businessescompanies such as GeneralMotors,Hewlett-Packard,IBM,MCI and Nortel. Each covers a core area of the digital revolution,such as transformation of financial services or the use of networks to improve organizational agility. In doing so,each of these leaders presents a vision and strategy for growth intothe 21st century,Blueprint is sure to become a major resource for managers seeking help in responding to the tremendous changes technology is imposing on their organizations.
Building on the message of Don Tapscott's Highly successful book,The Digital Economy,Blueprint to the Digital Economy offers breakthrough insights and strategies designed to help today's businesses succeed in an emerging and highly competitive digital business environment. Based on a multimillion-dollar series of research programs designed to investigate the Internet and its impact on business,the book brings together the best thinking and strategies of the world's leading technology,manufacturing,services,and government organizations. Top executives at global corporations like General Motors,IBM,MCI,and Nortel offer provocative examples of how their businesses will use emerging networking and multimedia technologies to change the competitive stakes in their respective industries. Blueprint of the Digital Economy delivers a wealth of powerful strategies to help any business transform digital promise into bottom-line reality.
|Publisher:||McGraw-Hill Companies, The|
|Product dimensions:||6.32(w) x 9.38(h) x 1.35(d)|
Table of Contents1. Joined at the Bit: The Emergence of the E-Business Community.
2. Revisiting Plato's Cave: Business Design in an Age of Uncertainty.
3. Building Smarter, Faster Organizations.
4. The New Corporate Form.
5. Designing the New Digital Enterprise.
6. Banking Without Boundaries: How the Banking Industry is Transforming Itself for the Digital Age.
7. The Nine Dynamics of Future Publishing.
8. Pictures in the Digital Economy.
9. The Global Learning Infrastructure: The Future of Higher Education.
10. Customer Empowerment in the Digital Economy.
11. The New Logistics: Shaping the New Economy.
12. The Computing Model for the Information Age.
13. Making Intranets Obsolete: Extending the Enterprise to Partners, Suppliers, and Customers.
14. The Network is the Business.
15. Cybercommunities: Better than Being There?
16. Center and Periphery: Balancing the Bias of Digital Technology.
17. Government and Governance in the Networked World.