In Oriental Medicine, covering up symptoms with drugs is not good enough. So it is to the Oriental Medical system with its knowledge and understanding we turn to learn why we develop disease conditions and how to treat the root causes so the body can return to the natural state of health to which we are all entitled.
Section One of Body Wisdom covers the basics of how your body works: the parts of your body that run your body, and for the most part, determine your current state of health. We will look at some symptoms that can arise if there are malfunctions in these basic components.
Section Two looks at some particular diseases or conditions common and important enough to warrant their own chapters, plus some other issues that can impact your health and happiness. This is a more fun and freewheeling section that includes chapters on everything from back pain to menopause; from bone strength to diet and nutrition; from arthritis to sinusitis; from the common cold to cancer; and many points in between.
Even though the chapters in Section Two deal with a broad range of subjects, they consistently refer back to the information given in Section One. In this sense these two sections (and all of Body Wisdom) are of a single fabric and as you read the chapters in Section Two, your understanding of the basic workings of your body, as presented in Section One, will grow!
Related collections and offers
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||4 MB|
About the Author
Katy Cauker creates art developed around the ideas she finds relevant to her personal life and the world we live in. Her paintings often utilize natural forms as images symbolic of the concepts and emotions she is working with. She has art in public places, and paintings in collections in the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Argentina. Her work is widely shown and can be found on the world wide web at www.katycauker.com.
Table of Contents
SECTION ONE: The Basis of Health
1. The Ways of Energy: What Is it and What Does It Do for You?
2. Blood: The Precious Liquid
3. Systems: Where Would You Be without Them?
4. The Heart and Circulatory System
5. The Digestive System: You Aren’t What You Don’t Eat (or Digest!)
6. The Lungs: and Respiratory System
7. The Kidneys: Old Age and Death
8. The Vectors of Dying
9. The Liver: Organ of Overreaction
10. It’s All One: The Interactions of Organs and Glands
SECTION TWO: Other Health Related Problems and Solutions
11. How Acupuncture Works
12. It’s Wrong. Period!
13. The Blood Speech: Blood, How Important Is It?
14. Blocked Energy (Chi)
15. The Big C: Reducing Your Risk of Cancer
16. Getting Well: What Does It Take to Really Solve Health Problems and What Do You Have to Go Through?
17. Hot and Cold Colds
18. Phlegm Fatale
19. Don’t Need A Break: Bone Health and Strength
20. Shelf Defense: Protecting Yourself from Fake Food and Other Dietary Abominations; Plus the Basics of Nutrition
21. Men... a Pause!
22. Your Back! Managing Back Problems
23. Sneak Attack! Assaulted
by the Biotechnology Industry
24. Getting Up Again: The Use and Abuse of Stimulants
25. Bleeding Injuries: The Treatment of Bleeding, Bruising, and Swelling
26. My Friend, Friend: An Interview with World Class Bodybuilder, Jack Friend
27. Knee/Joint Pain: Investigating Some of the“Modern” Supplements Used for this Problem
28. Yin and Yang: The Elemental Dance
29. Why Me? Why Do Bodies Develop Medical Problems in the First Place?
The Author and the Artist