Disinformation's "wicked warlock" Richard Metzger gathers an unprecedented cabal of modern occultists, magicians, and forward thinkers in this large format Disinformation Guide. Just as Russ Kick's Guides focusing on secrets and lies from the mainstream media, government, and other establishment institutions rethought what a political science book could look like and whom it would appeal to, Book of Lies redefines occult anthologies, packaging and presenting a huge array of magical essays for a pop culture audience. Just some of the contents:
- An introduction by comics genius Grant Morrison, who also contributes a three-part article on Pop Magick.
- Mark Pesce, author of The Playful World, compares computer programming and spellcasting.
- Genesis P-Orridge, father of Industrial Music and Rave culture explains how samples in a rave song can have magical consequences.
- Paul Laffoley discusses his magical artistic strategies (Metzger compares Laffoley to Merlin the Magician).
- Magical Thinking--an extended excerpt from Daniel Pinchbeck's Breaking Open the Head.
- William Burroughs and the occult.
- Nevill Drury, Australia's most noted occult writer, tells of Dion Fortune, Austin Spare, and Rosaleen Norton.
- Why Does Aleister Crowley Still Matter?
- Donald Tyson's "The Enochian Apocalypse Working." Were the seeds of the end of the world sown in the Elizabethan era?.
- The first ever biographical essay on Marjorie Cameron, the fascinating character from Los Angeles' occult and beatnik scene.
- Hitler and the occult--Peter Levenda interview by Tracy Twyman.
- Robert Temple on how his book The Sirius Mystery's, controversial thesis (for which he was ridiculed) was proven by the Hubble telescope twenty-five years late.
- An exclusive Anton LaVey interview by Michael Moynihan, author of best-selling book Lords of Chaos.
- Erik Davis, author of Techgnosis, looks at H. P. -Lovecraft's Magick Realism.
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.30(w) x 10.80(h) x 0.90(d)|
Table of Contents
Operation Mindfuck: Introduction by Richard Metzger
[Section 1:] Magick in Theory and Practice
Pop Magic! by Grant Morrison
The Executable Dreamtime by Mark Pesce
Thee Splinter Test by Genesis Breyer P-Orridge
MEMENTO MORI: (Remember You Must Die) by Paul
Laffoley "Joe is in the details" by Joe Coleman
Are You Illuminated? by Phil Hine
[Section 2:] Chemognosis
Triptamine Hallucinogens and Consciousness by Terence McKenna
Magical Thinking: an excerpt from 'Breaking Open The Head' by Daniel Pinchbeck
[Section 3:] Icons
Kick That Habit: Brion Gysin, His Life & Magick by Michael Goss
Who Is There William Burroughs by John Geiger
Magick Squares And Future Beats by Genesis Breyer P-Orridge
Austin Spare: The Divine Draughtsman by Nevill Drury
Virtual Mirrors in Solid Time by Genesis Breyer P-Orridge
Calling Cthulu: H. P. Lovecraft's Magick Realism by Erik Davis
Excerpt from 'The Road to Excess' by Brian Barritt
Robert Anton Wilson on Leary and Crowley, an excerpt from 'The Cosmic Trigger'
[Section 4:] The Great Beast 666
Six Voices on Crowley by Tim Maroney
Aleister Crowley as Guru by John S. Moore
The Enochian Apocalypse by Donald Tyson
The Crying of Liber 49: Jack Parsons, Antichrist Superstar by Richard Metzger
[Section 5:] Scarlet Women
Cameron: The Wormwood Star by Brian Butler
Ida Craddock: Sexual Mystic and Martyr for Freedom by Vere Chappell
Rosaleen Norton: Pan's Daughter by Nevill Drury
[Section 6:] SecretSocieties
Magical Blitzkrieg: Hitler and the Occult-Peter Levenda interviewed by Tracy Twyman
That Which Has Fallen by Boyd Rice
Halo of Flies by P.R. Koenig
Secret History of Witchcraft by Tau Allen Greenfield
[Section 7:] Sympathy for the Devil
Anton LaVey: A Fireside Chat with the Black Pope by Michael Moynihan
Season of the Witch by Gary Lachman
[Section 8:] Occult War
The Advent of Ahriman by Robert Mason
Julius Evola's Combat Manuals for a Revolt Against the Modern World by Michael Moynihan
On the Magical View of Life by "Ea" (Julius Evola)
Serpentine Wisdom by "Iagla" (Julius Evola)
Occult War by Julius Evola
Secret of the Assassins by Peter Lamborn Wilson
Sorcery by Hakim Bey
Media Hex: The Occult Attack on Institutions by Hakim Bey
The Secret of the Gothick God of Darkness by Dr. Stephen Edred Flowers
Most Helpful Customer Reviews