Mosby's Comprehensive Review for Veterinary Technicians, 3rd edition introduces and reviews the material in each of your veterinary technology courses. Key topics ranging from basic and clinical science, diagnostics and applications, to professional practices and issues are presented in a user-friendly outline format that is ideal whether you're a new student or you're reviewing for your certification exams. This title includes additional digital media when purchased in print format. For this digital book edition, media content is not included.
- Comprehensive coverage of veterinary technology spans basic and clinical sciences, applications, patient management, nursing, nutrition, anesthesia and pharmacology, as well as personal, practice and professional management skills - everything you need for both the U.S. and Canadian certification exams.
- Care of large animals, birds, reptiles and laboratory animals, in addition to cats and dogs, is included.
- Chapter outlines, learning outcomes and expanded glossaries help you comprehend and retain essential material.
- Summary tables are ideal for reference or review.
- Review questions at the end of each chapter, in addition to a 300-question comprehensive review exam, test and reinforce your knowledge of veterinary technology.
- Six appendixes ensure crucial resources are always at your fingertips.
- State-of-the-art Alternative Imaging Technology chapter discusses computed tomography and nuclear scintigraphy to complement ultrasound technology.
- Enhanced content highlights vet tech responsibilities in genetics, small animal nursing, veterinary dentistry, zoonoses, breeding/reproduction, neonatal care, and much more.
- Small animal nursing instruction now includes dermatology, auricular treatments and ophthalmology.
- Extended pharmacology coverage features pain management.
- Personal and practice management skills include expanded OSHA/WHMIS guidelines and ethics discussions.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||12 MB|
|Note:||This product may take a few minutes to download.|
Table of Contents
Part 1. Basic and Clinical Sciences 1. Anatomy and Physiology 2. Urinalysis, and Hematology 3. Cytology 4. Parasitology 5. Diagnostic Microbiology and Mycology 6. Clinical Chemistry 7. Virology 8. Immunology Part 2. Clinical Applications 9. Handling and Restraint 10. Sanitation, Sterilization, and Disinfection 11. Radiography 12. Alternative Imaging Technology Part 3. Patient Management and Nutrition 13. Genetics, Theriogenology and Neonatal Care 14. Companion Animal Behavior 15. Small Animal Nutrition 16. Large Animal Nutrition 17. Laboratory Animal and Pocket Pet Medicine 18. Exotic Animal Medicine Part 4. Anesthesia and Pharmacology 19. Anesthesia 20. Pharmacology 21. Pharmaceutical Calculations Part 5. Medical and Surgical Nursing 22. Surgical Techniques: Preparation and Instrument Care 23. Small Animal Nursing 24. Equine Nursing and Large Animal Surgery 25. Swine and Ruminant Nursing, Surgery, and Anesthesia 26. Dentistry 27. Emergency and First Aid 28. Zoonoses Part 6. Practice Management and Self-Management 29. Personal, Practice, and Professional Management Skills and Ethics Appendixes A. Abbreviations and Symbols B. The Metric System and Equivalents C. Medical Terminology D. Species Names E. Normal Values F. Additional Veterinary Technician Resources G. Comprehensive Test with Answer Key H. Answer Key to Chapter Review Questions
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
I purchased this book to help me study for the Vet Tech state exam and it is amazing. Very descriptive and I love how there is a practice test at the end of the book. To me it has been hepful especially for future vet techs or assistants. Worth the money.
I think this is a great read for review purposes. It has great organization and is easy to follow.
Love it! Used it to study for the VTNE and even at the work place great reference book!
I am training to become a Veterinary Technician at Kaplan College and I happened to see another student with his book. I was so impressed with the amount of useful information within it, I had to pick up a copy! If you are training to be a VT, then this is a Must Have!