Broad in scope, yet deep in content, this book offers unique, single-volume coverage of machines, transformers, controls, and electrical power distribution. The focus throughout is on topics that engineers and technologists today—and in the future—will encounter in the workplace—e.g., the principles of operation and application of motors, motor controls, power quality, power electronics, motor circuit design, programmable logic controllers, etc. For electrical engineers, computer technology employees, mechanical engineers, and others in production or marketing fields.
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||7.50(w) x 9.05(h) x 1.70(d)|
Table of Contents
2. Single- and Three-Phase Power.
3. Power Quality Considerations.
4. Magnetic Materials and Circuits.
6. Introduction to Motors and Generators.
7. Three-Phase Induction Motors.
8. Single-Phase Motors.
9. Power Electronics.
10. The Synchronous Machine.
11. DC Machines.
12. Control Devices and Circuits.
13. Building Electrical Systems.
14. Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs).
Appendix: A. NEC Tables.
Appendix: B: List of Symbols.