Petroleum Geoscience is a comprehensive introduction to the application of geology and geophysics to the search for and production of oil and gas.
Uniquely, this book is structured to reflect the sequential and cyclical processes of exploration, appraisal, development and production. Chapters dedicated to each of these aspects are further illustrated by case histories drawn from the authors' experiences. Petroleum Geoscience has a global and 'geo-temporal' backdrop, drawing examples and case histories from around the world and from petroleum systems ranging in age from late-Pre-Cambrian to Pliocene.
In order to show how geoscience is integrated at all levels within the industry, the authors stress throughout the links between geology and geophysics on the one hand, and drilling, reservoir engineering, petrophysics, petroleum engineering, facilities design, and health, safety and the environment on the other.
- Petroleum Geoscience is designed as a practical guide, with the basic theory augmented by case studies from a wide spread of geographical locations.
- Covers all the key aspects of the origin of petroleum, exploration, and production. It takes account of the modern emphasis on the efficient utilisation of reserves, on new methods in exploration (such as 3-D seismics).
- Book takes 'value-chain' approach to Petroleum Geoscience.
- First new text on petroleum geology for geology undergraduates to be published in the last ten years.
- Packed full of real-life case studies from Petroleum industry.
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||7.50(w) x 9.70(h) x 0.75(d)|
About the Author
Professor Jon Gluyas is Director of Geoscience at Acorn Oil and Gas, and Honorary Chair of Petroleum Geoscience at the University of Durham.
Dr Richard Swarbrick is Reader in Petroleum Geology at the University of Durham, and Managing Director of GeoPressure Technology Limited.
Table of Contents
3. Frontier Exploration.
4. Exploration – Exploitation.
6. Development And Production.
8. Reserves, Revisions, Additions.
9. Rehabilitation And Reactivation.